Australian Singles Chart For 1975
These are the songs that Australians were listening to in 1975. Here is the end of year Australian singles chart based on sales.
Top 10 Selling Singles By Australian Artists for 1975
- Summer Love – Sherbet
- Horror Movie/Carlton – Skyhooks
- Newcastle Song – Bob Hudson
- Bony Moronie – Hush
- My Little Angel – William Shakespeare
- You’re My World – Daryl Braithwaite
- Ego Is Not A Dirty Word – Skyhooks
- All My Friends Are Getting Married – Skyhooks
- Yesterday’s Hero – John Paul Young
- If You Love Me- Olivia Newton-John
Top selling Australian singles for 1975
*Denotes Australian artist
- Fox On The Run – The Sweet
- January – Pilot
- Mama Mia – Abba
- Summer Love – Sherbet*
- Horror Movie/Carlton – Skyhooks*
- Love Will Keep Us Together – The Captain & Tennille
- Please Mr Postman – The Carpenters
- Newcastle Song – Bob Hudson*
- Before The Next Teardrop Falls – Freddy Fender
- Bony Moronie – Hush*
- Paloma Blanca – George Baker Selection
- Bye Bye Baby – The Bay City Rollers
- I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do – Abba
- My Little Angel – William Shakespeare*
- Down Down – Status Quo
- Black Superman – Johnny Wakelin & The Kinshasa Band
- The Last Farewell – Roger Whittaker
- You’re My World – Daryl Braithwaite*
- Ego Is Not A Dirty Word – Skyhooks*
- I Can Help – Billy Swan
- When Will I See You Again – The Three Degrees
- All My Friends Are Getting Married – Skyhooks*
- Roll Over Lay Down – Status Quo
- Sailing – Rod Stewart
- Never Can Say Goodbye – Gloria Gaynor
Please Help, I’m trying to find info on a 70’s band called Paradise.
I’m not sure if they were aussies but they were a bit like TMG.
yes they are any aussie band. I am the LP. We are showing our age
I am amazed the bloody awful Sparrow Song by the Seekers isn’t on the list
I can remember going on a school excursion to Bathurst and the goldfields and “January” and “the Sparrow Song” were the only tracks the local radio station played for the whole 3 days.
The Sparrow Song by The Seekers was #1 or #2 in NSW I believe but only reached #7 nationally. It was the 41st biggest selling song for 1975.
Santa Never Made it into Darwin by Bill & Boyd made it to #1 in NSW (#2 nationally) was the 48th biggest selling song for 1975.
Happy Birthday, Baby by Tony Christie made it to #3 in Victoria (#14 nationally) and was 58th biggest selling song of 1975.
Anyone remember a sing in 1975,sung by a male??with the lyrics Dancing in the dark in the song???No….not springsteen
Toploader – Dancing in the Moonlight?