Australian Singles Chart for 1988
These are the songs that Australians were listening to in 1988. Here is the end of year Australian singles chart for 1988, based on sales.
Top selling Australian singles for 1988
*Denotes Australian artist
- (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
- Simply Irresistible – Robert Palmer
- The Flame – Cheap Trick
- Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car – Billy Ocean
- I Should Be So Lucky – Kylie Minogue*
- Perfect – Fairground Attraction
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
- Age Of Reason – John Farnham*
- Better Be Home Soon – Crowded House*
- Heaven Is A Place On Earth – Belinda Carlisle
- Whenever You Need Somebody – Rick Astley
- Don’t Be Cruel – Cheap Trick
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
- Doctorin’ The Tardis – The Timelords
- All Fired Up – Pat Benatar
- Got My mind Set On You _ George Harrison
- Got To Be Certain – Kylie Minogue*
- Faith – George Michael
- A Groovy Kind Of Love – Phil Collins
- Stutter Rap – Morris Minor & The Majors
- Wanna Be Up – The Chantoozies*
- Underneath The Radar – Underworld
- Love In The First Degree – Bananarama
- Run To Paradise – The Choirboys*
The Top Australian Songs of 1988
- I Should Be So Lucky – Kylie Minogue
- Age Of Reason – John Farnham
- Better Be Home Soon – Crowded House
- Got To Be Certain – Kylie Minogue
- Wanna Be Up – The Chantoozies
- Run To Paradise – The Choirboys
- Breakaway – Big Pig
- That’s When I think Of You – 1927
- Motor’s Too Fast – James Reyne
Gibbo’s pick for 1988 is 1927 with That’s When I Think Of You
Glen Shorrock Needle in a Haystack
Broadcast on Hey Hey it’s Saturday
If my memory is right this was Shorrock’s first appearance as a solo artist after the split from LRB
Band Line up included: Glen Wheatley, Animal on Drums, Red, Willy etc.
Shorrock fans will love this, I have left the segment intact as it was fun stuff.
Hi, I am trying to locate a weekly top 40 or top 100 list of songs in Australia. I remember listening to a weekly top 40 chart program presented by Barry Bistle (Barry Bistle and the weekly top 40). Unfortunately I’m having trouble finding a record of this on the net.
I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer.
Perhaps you are using the wrong spelling in your search.
The name is spelt – Bissell.
I speak with a cousin of mine often and he often mentions Barry Bissell.
God loved Wanna Be Up by The Chantoozies…. Hey Google plays it for me now lol