Australian musicians born on December 9
- 1958 – Nick Seymour – Crowded House – Born Nicholas More Seymour in Benalla, Victoria
Australian musicians who passed away on December 9
- 2008 – Les Kaczmerek, founding member and original bass player in Cold Chisel died on this day in Adelaide of liver failure. He was 53 years old.
On this day in:
- 1977 AC/DC were on a US tour, spending last 2 weeks supporting Kiss, Aerosmith, Styx & Blue Oyster Cult, & Cheap Trick
Number 1 singles on this day
- 1980 – Joe Dolce Music Theatre – Shaddap You Face
- 1981 – Olivia Newton-John – Physical
- 1982 – Musical Youth – Pass the Dutchie
- 1983 – Billy Joel – Uptown Girl
- 1984 – Stevie Wonder – I Just Called to Say I Love You
- 1985 – Midnight Oil – Species Deceases (EP)
- 1986 – John Farnham – You’re the Voice
- 1987 – Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up
- 1988 – Bobby McFerrin – Don’t Worry, Be Happy
- 1989 – Cher – If I Could Turn Back Time
[pb_vidembed title=”Here is birthday boy Nick Seymour and Crowded House with ‘Something So Strong'” caption=”” url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXArBZItqGc” type=”yt” w=”640″ h=”360″]
Crowded House is a NEW ZEALAND band, NOT an AUSSIE band. You guys have enough brilliant musicians without having to claim ours! AND RUSSEL CROWE IS A KIWI TOO! Go on, call me a sheep shagger! I know you’re dying to! LOL xxxx
Neil Finn might be a Kiwi but there were two Aussies in the band!
Russell Crowe you can have.
With the death of Steve Prestwich just announced, memories of one of my best and closest friends from the old days, Les Kaczmarek, suddenly came flooding back.
I still miss you heaps ol’ buddy.
I guess it’s only a matter of time now, before I see you both again.