It’s time once again for some Australian Music Trivia. This time we are looking at the subject of Cover songs and Originals.
Australian bands and musicians have covered many great international songs and have also been covered by overseas acts. Now it’s time to see if you know your covers from your originals.
Like always there’s no prizes or great accolades, just the warm glow you get from being clever! Leave your score in the comments section below.
Aussie Rock Trivia Quiz 006 – Covers & Originals
We have moved our Trivia Quizzes to here www.australianmusicdatabase.com/quizzes
1. Darktown Strutters Ball was a hit for the Ted Mulry Gang in 1976. Was it a cover or an original?
2. In 1986 Pseudo Echo had a hit with a cover of a disco favourite called Funky Town. Who did the original version?
(a) Hues Corporation
(b) Lipps Inc
3. Daryl Braithwaite had a hit in 1988 with “One Summer”. Was it a cover or an original?
4. Hush had a hit in 1975 with “Bony Maronie”. Was it a cover or an original?
5. In 2006 Rose Tattoo covered the song “Black Eyed Bruiser”. Who had the original hit with this song?
(a) Stevie Wright
(b) John Swan
6. The Mixtures had a hit in 1970 with a cover of Mungo Jerry’s “In The Summertime”. Their next hit was “The Pushbike Song”. Was it a cover or an original?
7. The Triple M Theme or “Dr Dan Theme” has been covered by many great guitarists including Dieter Kleeman, Kevin Borich and lately, Slash. Who wrote the original version?
(a) Mike Batt
(b) Kevin Borich
(c) Tommy Emmanuel
8. AC/DC had one of their first big hits in 1974 with “Bay Please Don’t Go”. Was it a cover or an original?
9. David Hasselhoff recently covered Ted Mulry Gangs 1974 hit “Jump In My Car”. Who wrote it originally?
(a) Vanda & Young
(b) Ted Albert
(c) Ted Mulry
10. In 1992 Rick Price had a hit with “Not A Day Goes By”. Was it a cover or an original?
Go here to play now www.australianmusicdatabase.com/quizzes